Using an athlete’s journal is a powerful way for fencer’s to improve their fencing. Truly, really, the usefulness of this tool is difficult to overestimate. We’ve written previously about the amazing benefits of using a fencing journal, which to summarize are as follows:
- Celebrate your progress
- Take an analytical look at your fencing skills so you can improve
- Track your opponents
- Track your competition performance
- Set goals and make plans to achieve them
- Make note of connections with teammates, coaches, parents, etc.
- Reflect on your fencing journey
All of that sounds really great, but thinking about those blank pages staring up at you can be enough to have many of us just close the book again and keep on going as we have been. To help you out, we’ve created this guide to get you going with your fencing journal, because it’s something that we really do believe will benefit fencers.