What do you find inspiring? Sometimes we need a little inspiration in order to get our training off and going. It’s not always easy to stay jazzed up and excited about fencing when you’re faced with day after day of training, even though you love it!
To help you get that mojo going, we’ve put together some fantastic fencing memes that will offer you not only inspiration but that will also help you to connect with the beauty of fencing.
1. The greatest mistake we make is living in the constant fear that we will make one.
– John Maxwell, author and speaker
2. Under duress, we do not rise to the level of our expectations. We sink to the level of our practice.
– Bruce Lee
3. The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.”
– William Arthur Ward, writer
4. Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
– Helen Keller, writer and activist
5. The only problem with success is that it does not teach you how to deal with failure.
– Tommy Lasorda
6. Fortune sides with him who dares
7. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
– Will Durant, historian and philosopher.